L’Hammock Island is located in the Norwalk Islands at the western part of Norwalk, Connecticut harbor. There are three houses there dating back to 1903. The houses are summer-only because they have no running water except for what they collect from the roof, no electricity except what they make from the sun and wind and no insulation from the Connecticut winter.
Here are a few photos from the inside of The Red House, pictured in the middle. While it is no longer red, it was painted red for most of the last 115 years.
|Tubing in Norwalk Harbor|