- Area Sales: We told you Stamford, Darien, Wilton, Norwalk, Westport, Weston and Ridgefield collectively show the number of sales is up 4.54% and $ volume up 3.3%. When you take out Westport and Ridgefield and add Greenwich the county sales are up 9.3% and dollar volume down 3.1%
- New Canaan market: 243 house sales was the same as last year. This is 21 houses above our 10 year average of 222 single family home sales.
- New Canaan Inventory: We begin the year with 188 houses, up 47 houses and 33.3% year over year. Pretty soon we will stop talking about last year and accept that a range of 188-340 is the new normal
- Condos: Much attention has been placed on the decrease in sales: down 37.7% for the year. But as we said last month 2014 was exceptional and a statistical aberration. We came in at the new normal level for sales (38 sales vs. the 9 year median of 45) and inventory (40 active vs the 9 year median of 47).
- Pendings: Pendings are up in New Canaan houses (16 vs. 12 at year end) & down for condos (2 vs 5).
John and Susan
Pride’s Crossing #9 condominium – $899,000
A beautiful brick end unit at Pride’s Crossing means twice as many windows, double the light. The garage is a few steps from the patio. The basement is finished.
One of the few examples under $1.5 on the West side, this immaculate house offers privacy, a play yard and a view of the river.
Very private townhouse in the newer portion of Canaan Close features 3 large bedrooms (with ensuite baths) and 6 private balconies or decks overlooking the 5 Mile River
Yes, its an important midcentury modern. But, it’s an absolutely livable and fun modern house with the finest materials, a gourmet kitchen, pool and attached garage. And, at this price you simply cannot find a better modern.
Maybe the best poolside entertaining in New Canaan. Consider it has the grandest soaring front foyer. This is an important house, showing like new, not to be missed.