Fairfield, CT: A Community That Has It All
Nestled in the heart of Fairfield County, Fairfield, CT is a town that effortlessly combines the charm of New England with the convenience of modern living. With its rich history, top-rated schools, thriving local businesses, and a strong sense of community, Fairfield is more than just a place to live—it’s a place to call home.
A Town Steeped in History
Founded in 1639, Fairfield is one of Connecticut’s oldest towns. Its history is woven into the fabric of the community, from the historic homes that line the Post Road to the Fairfield Museum and History Center, which offers a wealth of information about the town’s past. But while Fairfield is proud of its history, it’s also a town that looks to the future, with a vibrant downtown area that’s home to a wide range of businesses and restaurants.
A Foodie’s Paradise
Speaking of restaurants, Fairfield is a food lover’s dream. According to TripAdvisor, the town is home to some of the best dining experiences in Connecticut. Here are the top five restaurants that you must try:
- Gray Goose: Known for its French and seafood dishes, Gray Goose is a local favorite. With its cozy atmosphere and excellent service, it’s the perfect place for a romantic dinner or a special occasion.
- Artisan Restaurant: This upscale restaurant offers a menu that changes with the seasons, ensuring that you’ll always find something new and delicious to try.
- Sammy’s Southport Pizza House: If you’re in the mood for pizza, Sammy’s is the place to go. Their pies are a hit with locals and visitors alike.
- Paci Restaurant: Located in the heart of Southport, Paci offers a menu that combines classic Italian dishes with modern twists.
- Blackstones Grille: This restaurant is known for its steaks, but the menu also includes a variety of seafood and vegetarian options.
Fairfield is home to some of the best schools in the state, according to GreatSchools. The town’s commitment to education is evident in the quality of its schools, which include:
- Fairfield Warde High School: Known for its strong academic programs and wide range of extracurricular activities, Fairfield Warde is one of the top high schools in Connecticut.
- Fairfield Ludlowe High School: Like Warde, Ludlowe is known for its academics and extracurriculars. The school also has a strong community spirit, with students, staff, and parents all working together to make Ludlowe a great place to learn.
- Roger Ludlowe Middle School: This school is known for its dedicated teachers and supportive community. The school offers a wide range of programs to help students succeed.
- Tomlinson Middle School: Tomlinson offers a challenging curriculum and a supportive environment. The school’s staff is dedicated to helping students reach their full potential.
- Mill Hill School: This elementary school is known for its strong academic programs and supportive community. The school’s staff is dedicated to helping students succeed.
Things to Do in Fairfield
Fairfield is a town that’s full of things to do. Whether you’re a nature lover, a history buff, or a foodie, you’ll find something to enjoy in Fairfield. Here are the top 10 things to do in and around Fairfield, CT:
- Visit the Fairfield Museum and History Center: This museum offers a wealth of information about Fairfield’s past, making it a must-visit for history buffs.
- Explore the Fairfield University Art Museum: This museum features a wide range of art, from ancient to contemporary.
- Take a Stroll in the Fairfield University’s Bellarmine Museum of Art: This museum is home to a diverse collection of art and artifacts from around the world.
- Visit the Connecticut Audubon Society Birdcraft Museum and Sanctuary: This six-acre site is a great place for bird-watching and learning about local wildlife.
- Explore the Fairfield Theater Company: This local theater offers a variety of performances, from plays to concerts.
- Visit the Pequot Library: This library is more than just a place to check out books. It also hosts a variety of community events and has a beautiful reading room.
- Take a Walk on the Sasco Hill Beach: This beautiful beach offers stunning views of Long Island Sound.
- Visit the Southport Brewing Company: This local brewery offers a variety of craft beers and a cozy atmosphere.
- Explore the Burr Homestead: This historic home is a great place to learn about Fairfield’s history.
- Visit the Fairfield University Egan Chapel of St. Ignatius Loyola: This beautiful chapel is a peaceful place for reflection.
A Strong Sense of Community
One of the things that sets Fairfield apart is its strong sense of community. The town hosts a variety of events throughout the year, from the annual Dogwood Festival in the spring to the Holiday Tree Lighting in December. These events bring the community together and make Fairfield a great place to live.
A Thriving Real Estate Market
Fairfield’s real estate market is thriving. The median listing home price in Fairfield was $1.2M in April 2023, trending up year-over-year. On average, homes in Fairfield sell after 17 days on the market. There are 26 homes for sale in Fairfield, 1 of which were newly listed within the last week. Additionally, there are 6 rentals, with a range of $2.8K to $6.5K per month.
With its rich history, top-rated schools, thriving local businesses, and a strong sense of community, Fairfield, CT is a town that has it all. Whether you’re looking to move to Fairfield or just visit, you’re sure to fall in love with this charming New England town.